Saturday, November 14, 2009

When in Rome...and Verona, and Venice, and Prauge =P



Week two was just as crazy as week one!

The end of Florence was fun, never really made it out of the hostel between work and partying, but did go to a kareoke bar and drank wine on the steps with a local until all hours of the night.

Rome overall was a huge let down. Spent the whole trip saying "when in Rome..." just to be like wow Rome sucks. It was cool to go to the coloseum for sure, and there is a ton of history there. It was hailing when we went on our walking tour so that may have affected my opinion a bit. Got to drink out of the Trevi fountain which apparenty gives you your virginity back...bonus!

Verona was a cool suprise, we got to go to the balcony of Romeo and Juliet. I hadn't ever really put it together that it was a real place.

Venice may be my favorite place so far, which was great since the rest of Italy wasn't nearly as awesome as I had imagined it would be. The gondola ride was SO much fun and the water front lunch was amazing. The glass in Venice really caught my eye. They are also apparently famous for lace and leather which made for some overall good shopping ;)

Made our way to Austria which had a beautiful countryside and mountains. Went to a concentration camp which was really sobering. It was a good reality check that these places are amazing, but they have a history behind them that shouldn't be forgotten any time soon.

Each day keeps suprizing me, everything I thought I'd love I haven't really, and the things I thought didn't matter to me that much have me in awe. GREAT TRIP SO FAR!!!!

Love you all,
Team America

2 comments:

  1. I adore the glass! Some day when I'm rich and famous I may purchase a ridiculously priced piece of blown glass. Meanwhile, I'm happy with the knock-off version as long as it's brilliant and eye-catching. I'm so happy that you're having an unexpected reactions to things. Makes for a much more meaningful experience. Miss you, too! xoxo av

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well with your new found book fame you might just be rich and famous sooner than you think! Miss you too <3

    ReplyDelete